By Gavin Brown,Kath Browne
Read or Download The Routledge Research Companion to Geographies of Sex and Sexualities (Routledge Companion) PDF
Best human geography books
Making and becoming brings jointly the most recent paintings within the fields of anthropology and fabric tradition stories to discover the diversities - and the relation - among making issues and transforming into issues, and among issues which are made and issues that develop. although the previous are frequently considered as artefacts and the latter as organisms, the publication calls this contrast into query, reading the results for our figuring out of fabrics, layout and creativity.
This groundbreaking quantity bargains a clean method of conceptualizing the historic geography of North the United States by way of taking a thematic instead of a conventional local point of view. major geographers, development on present scholarship within the box, discover 5 primary subject matters. half I explores the settling and resettling of the continent in the course of the reviews of local american citizens, early eu arrivals, and Africans.
The function of local community in modern nature conservation practices is frequently poorly understood or missed. This e-book, hence, examines questions of neighborhood participation on the nature-society nexus inside nationwide parks within the transitional context of significant and japanese Europe (CEE). The post-1990 reconfiguration of conservation paradigms during this a part of the area has re-opened a number of age-old debates in regards to the defense and management of typical background.
Now ubiquitous in sleek existence, spatial information current nice possibilities to remodel a number of the methods on which we base our daily lives. in spite of the fact that, not just do those info rely on the size of dimension, but additionally dealing with those information (e. g. , to make compatible maps) calls for that we account for the dimensions of dimension explicitly.
- Spatial Database Transfer Standards 2: Characteristics for Assessing Standards and Full Descriptions of the National and International Standards in the ... (International Cartographic Association)
- City of Well-being: A radical guide to planning
- Rebel Streets and the Informal Economy: Street Trade and the Law (Routledge Studies in Urbanism and the City)
- Territoires et mobilisations contemporaines - Regards sur un phénomène planétaire (CIST) (French Edition)
- The Culture of Long Term Care: Nursing Home Ethnography
- Dwelling in Resistance: Living with Alternative Technologies in America (Nature, Society, and Culture)
Extra info for The Routledge Research Companion to Geographies of Sex and Sexualities (Routledge Companion)
The Routledge Research Companion to Geographies of Sex and Sexualities (Routledge Companion) by Gavin Brown,Kath Browne