By Rondo Keele
Read Online or Download Ockham Explained (Ideas Explained) PDF
Best biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
During this brilliant advent, Nicholas Dent covers the total of Rousseau's idea. starting with a worthy evaluate of Rousseau's lifestyles and works, he introduces and assesses Rousseau's significant principles and arguments. those contain the corruption of contemporary civilization, the nation of nature, his well-known theories of amour de soi and amour propre, schooling, and his recognized paintings Emile.
For over 8 hundred years, philosophers—men and women—who known as themselves Cynics, actually "dogs" of their language, roamed the streets and byways of the Hellenistic global, educating unusual principles and working towards a extraordinary lifestyle. between them, an important and detailed used to be Diogenes of Sinope, who turned the archetype of Classical Cynicism.
Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) was once certainly the most very important philosophers of the twentieth century, and maybe of any century. He was once additionally a desirable, charismatic, and worsening guy. His philosophical skill used to be well-known shortly by means of Bertrand Russell, and through his lifetime his paintings prompted first logical positivism after which usual language philosophy.
Autobiography of an Ex-White guy is an intensely own meditation at the nature of the United States by means of a White thinker who joined a Black reviews division and located his figuring out of the area reworked via the adventure. The e-book starts with an autobiographical narrative of the occasions top as much as Wolff's move from a Philosophy division to the W.
- Frantz Fanon: The Militant Philosopher of Third World Revolution (International Library of Twentieth Century History)
- A Taste of Life: The Last Days of U.G. Krishnamurti
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: Der melancholische Weltenbummler. Eine Biografie (German Edition)
- Goethe in Wetzlar. 1772. Vier Monate aus des Dichters Jugendleben (Wilhelm Herbst) (Literarische Gedanken Edition) (German Edition)
- Nietzsche's Philosophical Context: An Intellectual Biography (International Nietzsche Studies)
Additional info for Ockham Explained (Ideas Explained)
Ockham Explained (Ideas Explained) by Rondo Keele