By J. David Johnson
After a basic evaluation of verbal exchange and its paramount value within the future health care atmosphere, J. David Johnson, a professor of communications and previous media learn analyst for the U.S. info service provider and writer of 5 prior books, outlines the simplest practices for
- Interpersonal communique in overall healthiness care relationships, together with that among health care provider and sufferer. He solutions questions resembling “How a lot Do I exhibit and When?”;
- Interprofessional groups, together with teamwork, interdependence, rigidity and burnout, and verbal exchange in decision-making;
- Mass Media, together with looking for details and gaps in knowledge;
- Knowledge diffusion and dissemination;
- Change in verbal exchange, together with social media;
- Health info expertise and the way to address the flood of communications we obtain today.
Johnson successfully expands his metaphor of dosage, detailing its many parts (amount, frequency, supply process, sequencing, interplay with what different brokers, and contraindications) in addition to discussing the use and bounds of metaphor as a rule. He explicitly addresses the next contexts: interpersonal verbal exchange, with a concentrating on wellbeing and fitness professional-client interactions; inter-professional groups; mass media which are more and more very important for broader ways to public future health; how switch is followed and carried out inside wellbeing and fitness care corporations and participants; and the recent applied sciences for well-being verbal exchange.
The book’s ultimate bankruptcy turns to broader coverage concerns raised by way of program of the metaphor of dosage in addition to detailing its implications for ways of verbal exchange examine. It concludes with a dialogue of the way dosage can function a bridging metaphor to shut the distance among researchers and practitioners that is basic to medical and translational science.
Read Online or Download Dosage: A Guiding Principle for Health Communicators PDF
Similar physician & patient books
This ebook builds an interdisciplinary realizing of health and wellbeing fairness. With contributions from individual philosophers, anthropologists, economists, and public-health experts, it centres on 5 significant issues: what's future health fairness? ; well-being fairness and social justice; tasks for overall healthiness; moral matters in overall healthiness assessment; and anthropological views.
Joe and Wanda chanced on one another in midlife. Deeply in love, they might simply received their new domestic while Joe's prognosis of early-onset Alzheimer's replaced every little thing. "Until loss of life do us half" took on an instantaneous, deeply own that means. White Knight recounts the couple's four-year trip via Alzheimer's, a trip that ended with Joe's dying.
Huangdi Neijing, or Yellow Emperor's internal Canon, has been thought of the basic doctrinal resource of chinese language drugs for greater than millennia. besides the fact that, mysteries exist round Huangdi Neijing, specifically with the claimed lacking quantity. beginning with fundamentals of chinese language medication, similar to Yin-Yang and the Meridian process, this booklet goals to debate the essence of ‘real’ conventional chinese language medication (TCM), and decodes the celestial secrets and techniques of Huangdi Neijing and TCM.
This book seems at healthiness coverage during the lens of public as opposed to inner most: inhabitants healthiness as opposed to the somatic, social, or emotional experiences of a patient. instead of featuring policy/ethics as overly technical, this book takes a unique process of framing private and non-private health and wellbeing when it comes to political philosophy, ethics, and well known examples.
- Vital Conversations: Improving Communication Between Doctors and Patients
- Hearts of Wisdom: American Women Caring for Kin 1850-1940
- Reconstructing Medical Practice: Engagement, Professionalism and Critical Relationships in Health Care
- The Kidney Sellers: A Journey of Discovery in Iran
- Being An Empowered Patient: An Advocacy Guide
Extra info for Dosage: A Guiding Principle for Health Communicators
Dosage: A Guiding Principle for Health Communicators by J. David Johnson