By Sheila Curran Bernard
Documentary Storytelling has reached filmmakers and filmgoers around the globe with its targeted specialise in the foremost component for fulfillment within the becoming worldwide documentary market: storytelling. This useful consultant finds how today’s best filmmakers deliver the instruments of narrative cinema to the area of nonfiction movie and video with out sacrificing the rigor and truthfulness that provide documentaries their strength. The ebook deals useful recommendation for manufacturers, administrators, editors, cinematographers, writers and others trying to make moral and potent motion pictures that merge the strengths of visible and aural media with the facility of narrative storytelling. ?
In this new, up-to-date variation, Emmy Award-winning writer Sheila Curran Bernard offers:
- New innovations for studying documentary work
- New conversations with filmmakers together with Stanley Nelson (The Black Panthers), Kazuhiro Soda (Mental), Orlando von Einsiedel (Virunga), and Cara Mertes (JustFilms)
- Discussions formerly held with Susan Kim (Imaginary Witness), Deborah Scranton (The struggle Tapes), Alex Gibney (Taxi to the darkish Side), and James Marsh (Man on Wire).
Read Online or Download Documentary Storytelling: Creative Nonfiction on Screen PDF
Similar film & video art books
Taking a look at pop culture from 1980 to the current, feminism seems to be "over": that's, in response to well known critics we're in an period of "postfeminism" during which feminism has supposedly already accomplished equality for ladies. now not so, says Sarah Projansky. In staring at Rape, Projansky undermines this complacent view in her attention-grabbing and thorough research of depictions of rape in U.
Storyboarding is a really tricky company, and a brand new storyboarder particularly must have their wits approximately them and feature specialist savvy to outlive during this aggressive box. Storyboarding: principles of Thumb deals hugely illustrative examples of simple storyboarding techniques, in addition to sound, career-oriented suggestion for the hot artist.
Within the first 4 many years of cinema, hundreds and hundreds of movies have been made that drew their notion from historic Greece, Rome, Egypt and the Bible. Few of those movies were studied, or even fewer have acquired the serious recognition they deserve. the flicks in query, starting from ancient and mythological epics to diversifications of historic drama, burlesques, cartoons and documentaries, recommend a fascination with the traditional international that competes in depth and breadth with that of Hollywood's classical period.
A accomplished advisor to all significant movie diversifications in keeping with the novels of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway, this can be crucial for students of yank modernism and movie stories. the writer takes the method that every one visible and published literature is born from a cycle of megastar tradition, within which authors always create new works and reconstruct their own photographs in accordance with viewers reception.
- Planning the Low-Budget Film
- The Left Side of the Screen: Communist and Left-Wing Ideology in Hollywood, 1929–2009
- Stalinism and Soviet Cinema
- Avant-Garde Film: Forms, Themes, and Passions (Short Cuts)
- Shaft vrs. Minority Report - Blackness and Whiteness in Hollywood Film
- Humphrey Jennings and British Documentary Film: A Re-assessment
Extra info for Documentary Storytelling: Creative Nonfiction on Screen
Documentary Storytelling: Creative Nonfiction on Screen by Sheila Curran Bernard