By Frederic G. Reamer
Reamer provides an unique and compelling typology of crime that classifies offenders at the foundation of the conditions that ended in their offenses. He isolates seven different types, tracing crime to desperation, greed, rage, revenge, frolic, dependancy, or psychological sickness. utilizing genuine case reports to demonstrate those styles of 'criminal circumstances,' Reamer provides a version for the prevention of, and reaction to, crime and during the publication bargains techniques with regards to social providers, legal justice, and public policy.
Read or Download Criminal Lessons: Case Studies and Commentary on Crime and Justice PDF
Similar criminal law books
This publication considers a huge and principally ignored region of Islamic legislations by way of exploring how medieval Muslim jurists resolved felony circumstances which can now not be confirmed past a doubt, calling into query a arguable well known thought approximately Islamic legislations at the present time, that is that Islamic legislations is a divine felony culture that has little room for discretion or doubt, relatively in Islamic legal legislations.
Under half all rapes believed to take place are stated to legislations enforcement, and of these assailants arrested even fewer are convicted of rape. This challenge is now being addressed via all professions whose paintings brings them into touch with the sufferer or the criminal. This 3rd version of useful features of Rape research: A Multidisciplinary procedure is simply that: a multidisciplinary strategy.
This quantity presents an important replace on present considering, perform and examine into using restorative justice within the quarter of relations violence. It comprises modern empirical, theoretical and sensible views at the use of restorative justice for intimate associate and relations violence, together with sexual violence and elder abuse.
Ein Handbuch des Verfassungsrechts im StrafverfahrenDie Verfassungsbeschwerde in Strafsachen ist für die Strafverteidigung oft die letzte Möglichkeit, einen für den Mandanten unerwünschten Verlauf oder Ausgang des Strafverfahrens zu verhindern. Der Weg zu diesem Ziel ist jedoch voller Stolpersteine und Fallstricke.
- Die StPO in Fällen (Studienbücher Rechtswissenschaft) (German Edition)
- Crime Online: Correlates, Causes, and Context, Third Edition
- Curso de Direito Penal - Parte Geral Vol. I (Coleção Rogério Greco) (Portuguese Edition)
- Opportunities in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Careers Rev. Ed. (Opportunities in ...)
- Safer Sex in the City: The Experience and Management of Street Prostitution (Psychology, Crime and Law)
- Die hypothetische Einwilligung im Strafrecht: Überlegungen zu den dogmatischen Grundlagen und zum Anwendungsbereich der Rechtsfigur (Studien und Beiträge zum Strafrecht) (German Edition)
Extra info for Criminal Lessons: Case Studies and Commentary on Crime and Justice
Criminal Lessons: Case Studies and Commentary on Crime and Justice by Frederic G. Reamer