By Sarah Hutton
Read or Download Anne Conway: A Woman Philosopher PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
During this really good advent, Nicholas Dent covers the full of Rousseau's suggestion. starting with a necessary assessment of Rousseau's lifestyles and works, he introduces and assesses Rousseau's critical rules and arguments. those comprise the corruption of recent civilization, the country of nature, his recognized theories of amour de soi and amour propre, schooling, and his recognized paintings Emile.
For over 8 hundred years, philosophers—men and women—who referred to as themselves Cynics, actually "dogs" of their language, roamed the streets and byways of the Hellenistic international, instructing unusual principles and training a strange lifestyle. between them, an important and specific used to be Diogenes of Sinope, who grew to become the archetype of Classical Cynicism.
Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) used to be surely essentially the most vital philosophers of the twentieth century, and maybe of any century. He was once additionally a desirable, charismatic, and aggravating guy. His philosophical skill was once well-known presently through Bertrand Russell, and through his lifetime his paintings inspired first logical positivism after which traditional language philosophy.
Autobiography of an Ex-White guy is an intensely own meditation at the nature of the US via a White thinker who joined a Black reports division and located his figuring out of the area reworked by way of the adventure. The booklet starts off with an autobiographical narrative of the occasions top as much as Wolff's move from a Philosophy division to the W.
- Badiou: A Subject To Truth
- Jean Bodin (International Library of Essays in the History of Social and Political Thought)
- Edith Stein Letters to Roman Ingarden: Edith Stein Self-Portrait in Letters (The Collected Works of Edith Stein Book 12)
- La Rosa Di Jericho: Il paradigma olivettiano per una nuova cultura della formazione (Management) (Italian Edition)
- The Shakespeare Code
- A Companion to Friedrich Nietzsche: Life and Works (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture)
Extra resources for Anne Conway: A Woman Philosopher
Anne Conway: A Woman Philosopher by Sarah Hutton